To make indoor environment highly healthy, energetic, aesthetically gorgeous and close to nature, it is always an ideal idea to add flowering plants in your kitchen. Flowering plants are good for environment as well as health. Here, you just find benefits of flowering plants.
Health and well-being benefits of Flowering plants
- Indoor flowering plants can eliminate all impurities from the air and provide you best quality of air.
- If you are suffering from dry skin and respiratory problems, plants can enhance humidity level and oxygen.
- Flowering plants or ornamental flowers can release stress and anxiety from your life and raising up your mood and boost up positive energy level.
- You can décor your dinner table with beautiful and stylish flowers. They can also add vibrant colors to your dishes.
- Flowers are a symbol of unity, hope and happiness.
- You can add beauty to your events such as weeding ceremony, birthday, Valentine’s Day, bridal shower and baby shower with flower bouquet.
- Flowers help to express our feelings or emotions in front of our partner. No object in the world can’t convey our feelings like flowers. Whenever you feel nervousness towards your crush, you will find flowers your best friend.
How to use flowers in kitchen?
- The flowers become an important part of many dishes such as salads, soups even in jellies, wine, jams, oils and tea production.
- You can sprinkle or garnish edible flowers such as Hibiscus, dandelion, honeysuckle and lavender in your green salads foe splash of bright color and flavor.
- Never use non-edible flowers such as daffodils, Foxglove, buttercup, anemone, oleander, Hydrangeas and lily of the valley as a garnish because they are poisonous to your health.
The word Amaryllis comes from the Greek word amarysso which means to sparkle and native to Africa. Amaryllis is gorgeous indoor bulb plant that have strappy leaves and blooms large and colorful bell-shaped flowers. They are naturally a spring- blooming bulb that bestow you with colorful flowers between winter and spring. This beautiful flowering plants associated with strength because of its height and sturdy stems.
How to Grow and Care Amaryllis?
- Always select large bulb free from spots or molds for planting Amaryllis because large bulb can produce more stems and flowers.
- Place newly planted Amaryllis in bright sunny spot because it loves bright sunshine and sunlight will encourage you green friend to blooms.
- Feed your amaryllis twice a month with soluble liquid fertilizer and try to keep quantity of nitrogen low and phosphorous high in fertilizer otherwise your amaryllis blooms few flowers.
- Always keep soil moist but not damp. Watering once per week or when 2 inches of soil feel dry. Don’t overwatering it because it will lead to attract pests towards amaryllis.
- When the flower buds have begun to open, move the plant away from the direct sunlight.
African violet is one of the most elegant indoor flowering plants with small fuzzy leaves that blooms clusters of white, blue or purple flowers. African violet is native to east Africa and they got their name because of violet- colored flowers.
African violet categories
African violet are classified into two main categories: trailing and rosette. African violet can blooms in different vibrant colors including blue, violet, pink, red, white and lavender. Trailing African violet are not well-known and have numerous crowns growing from one set of roots while people are not familiar with Rosette African violet and have single crown growing from the set of roots.
How to grow and Care your African violet?
- African Violet have fuzzy leaves which help to store enough amount of water in stems or leaves that’s way keep soil slightly moist but never overwater it. Don’t use chilled water for African violet and always water your plant from the bottom.
- African violet appreciate bright indirect light so, keep away it from the direct sunlight. You can place it near the east –north facing window of your kitchen. Thin, dark green leaves and leggy stems indicated that your plant is not receiving enough light. If you notice dark green color of leaves fade, it is a sign that your plant is getting too much light.
- Feed your hungry green friend every 2 weeks with a high phosphorous plant food during growing season when you feel dizziness in growth and notice yellowing leaves of plants.
- Keep away from the drafty areas in the winter season because it likes warm temperature.
- Fuzzy leaves have ability to grasp dust particles so, clean them gently with soft-bristle paintbrush or damp cloth.
Anthurium (Anthurium spp) is one of the most famous indoor flowering plant and native to Central America, northern South America and the Caribbean. It is also known as flamingo flowers for their unique shape and bright colors such as red, green and white colors. Anthurium is toxic for both humans and pets.
Basic Anthurium Caring tips
- Anthurium plant loves to thrive in bright indirect light and hate to receive full exposure of sun except in winter because direct sunlight can scorch the natural beauty of leaves.
- Anthurium has desire for well-draining potting soil. Orchid with additional sand and peat moss can make perfect soil for Anthurium.
- Watering your thirsty plant once a week when you feel 2 inches of soil dry out. If you thrive Anthurium outdoor in warm weather then water it after 2 or three days.
- This flowering plant demands high humidity level and temperature between 65 and 85 Degree F is ideal for growing Anthurium.
- Using phosphorous-rich liquid fertilizer to feed your green friend because it can encourage your plant to blooms the beautiful flowers.
Begonia is one of the most popular indoor flowering plant. Botanical name of Begonia is Begonia Fimbristipula. The begonia plant is mainly used as an ornamental flower because of its lovely red color and unique shape. If you are suffering from high blood pressure, kidney diseases and Diabetes then avoid from consuming the Begonia. It may cause harmful in this situation. Place the Begonia plant in the kitchen and make your family healthy.
Healing Benefits of Begonia plant
- It is useful for maintaining the digestive system and dealing with Bronchitis.
- You can overcome unstoppable bleeding and brighten the skin by consuming Begonia.
- It is best for bone and teeth strength and development.
- If you are suffering from a lousy cold, then Begonia is best for you because it has magical healing power. You can consume Begonia by boiling
- Begonia is very rich in nutrients such as Alkaloids vitamin C, Carbolic and Oxalic acid.
Orchids are colorful flowering plant and is one of the most popular lucky plants. This tropical plant native to Asia, central and South America. Orchid has three petals and three sepals that joined together. If you want to add something new and beautiful in your life, place orchid in your own kitchen’s garden. They emit oxygen at night which help you to take powerful and energetic sleep.
How to Grow and Care for Orchids?
- Orchid appreciate a lot of air around their roots instead of congested space so, keep it in terra cotta pots. Good ventilation system is must for keeping contented your orchids.
- Some varieties of orchids can be picky about blooming so, be patience for getting flowers.
- Orchids prefer bright and strong indirect sunlight. If you notice color of the leaves are dark green, it indicate your green friend can’t get enough light while yellowish-green or red leaves represent that plant getting abundance of light.
You should water your thirsty green friend once in a week in winter while twice in a week in summer. Plump white roots is a sign that orchid plant receive sufficient amount of water. Wilted grey roots indicates that your plant is extremely thirsty and want to drink water more while brown or black roots represent that your plant had receive too much water