Enough sleep is crucial for good health and becoming an energetic person. Sleep plays a vital role in improving memory performance, calorie regulation, emotional intelligence, and the immune system But a colossal number of people face insomnia and have a hard time resting at night. They mostly try to read storybooks and listening relaxing music in the light at night but still can’t fall asleep easily. Many factors can affect our rest: from stress and worries to noise or dark rooms. The truth is that our sleep cycle is very delicate and can be interfered with even by the smallest details.
Luckily, there are many methods to help you have a quality rest, some of these remedies come from the always wise mother nature who, in her eagerness to provide, sent us these flowers that, either because of their aroma or in infusion, have great benefits for the health of our sleep cycle. Let’s explore a list of our fabulous houseplants that can help to improve the quality of sleep and boost your creativity.
Valerian is a herb with a strong odor and is native to Europe and Asia. Before going to sleep, we recommend you drink an infusion of valerian as it will help you reduce your stress and anxiety levels, which will greatly benefit your sleep cycle. Just place the Valerian houseplant in your Kitchen and get rid of insomnia. Be careful, don’t overuse it because there is no good scientific evidence about it.
Benefits and uses of Valerian
- Valerian has been used as a traditional medicine to treat insomnia, fatigue, depression, and stomach cramps due to its anxiolytic action in Greek and Roman times.
- Soldiers and Civilians used Valerian during World War II to counter the deep psychological effects of war.
- If your hand is burned during cooking in the kitchen or your face bruises then apply Valerian root gently on the skin. It can help to soothe painful muscles and relieve a chesty cough.
Lavender is a herb that originally grow in Northern Africa. The aroma of lavender is one of the most popular and there is scientific evidence of its ability to reduce anxiety levels and promote night sleep. Lavender has been shown to help slow heart rate, blood pressure, and stress levels, thus helping you fall asleep. The vibrant colors of lavender can adore your kitchen appearance and the fragrance of fresh lavender buds can make your day energetic. Lavender will show good results in enough light, moist soil, and good ventilation.
Other Healing benefits and uses of Lavender
- You can use Lavender in numerous ways in your Lavender can help you to get rid of beetles, moths, mice, and insects. You can keep lavender buds in your kitchen cabinets and drawers to drive away insects from your kitchen.
- You can make a syrup with lavender for the summer season. You can also use lavender buds for garnishing desserts and baking bread.
- Lavender is good for hair growth. The South window of your kitchen is the best place for Lavender for receiving enough light. It is mostly used to add a floral taste to lamb and fish dishes.
Spider Plant (Chlorophytum Comosum)
Spider plants have a green and white rosette of long thin leaves, which gives the plant a unique look. Spider plant has excellent proficiency in purifying the air of pollutants and eradicating different stinking odors so, it will help to improve the quality of sleep. Spider plants are also a significant source of increasing humidity and decreasing stress levels. Spider plants add bright colors to your life and make you satisfied. It is easy to grow because it does not require more water and light. Place spider plants in your kitchen and enjoy your peaceful sleep.
The word Chamomile is derived from the Greek word “Khamaimelon” which means small apple because the smell of the chamomile flower is very similar to an apple. Chamomile has the power to relax the nervous system and, therefore, help you close your eyes and embark on the world of dreams. It is not just for peaceful sleep, it has also the ability to attract prosperity and happiness to the heart of your home. You can keep it in the southeast corner of your kitchen to becoming your family healthy and strong.
Other Surprising Benefits of Chamomile
- Consuming Chamomile tea after a meal brings a layer of positive energy to your body and can relieve belly aches.
- They can reduce anxiety or stress levels and dark under-eye circles.
- Chamomile is a versatile ingredient for all types of amazing recipes. You can add amazing flavor to jams, candies and ice cream, risotto, fish salad, melodious cream, or biscuits with Chamomile.
- If you want to add something interesting to your dishes, you can use Chamomile flowers to decorate your sweet or savory dishes.
Snake plant is one of the most popular lucky plants and the best natural air purifier. It can remove volatile compounds from the air and make breathing easier. The snake plant is known as the Mother-in-law’s tongue. Sansevieria Trifasciata is the scientific name of this low-maintenance plant. Their strong pointing leaves bring optimistic power and give you an aesthetic experience. Their long and upright leaves with beautiful strips and yellow edges provide a natural look to your kitchen.
Benefits of Snake Plant
- It helps to ameliorate air born allergies.
- If you are stuck in the middle of thousands of projects, this beginner-friendly houseplant is made for you.
- It does not need more water, light, and attention.
- The appropriate place to keep them is on the windowsill of your kitchen.
- Snake plants can absorb echo through leaves and modify the acoustic system around the kitchen.
Peace Lily can remove benzene and formaldehyde from the air and favors a correct level of humidity in the room, necessary for a good night’s sleep. Peace Lily has unique recognition in the world of plants for its glossy green leaves and white blooming flowers. It symbolizes goodness, immaculate humans, peace, and purity. You can make peace lilies happy and more beautiful by pooping them on the windowsill of your kitchen. Peace lily loves bright light and moist soil. However, it never demands a plentiful amount of water. Now, you can enjoy a peaceful sleep in a healthy environment.
Benefits and uses of Peace Lily
- Peace Lily can smash harmful gases from the air, like formaldehyde and carbon monoxide.
- One thing which makes peace lily different from others is that it can eliminate mold spores from the air to achieve the highest level of purification. It is enough for cleansing your kitchen.
- Be careful in purchasing lilies if you are sensitive to fragrance because Oriental and stargazer lilies are excessively fragrant and cause headaches.
Jasmine is one of the most fragrant and climbing indoor vines with white flowers. The rich floral and heady scent can eliminate the bad odor of spoiled fruits and help calm the body and mind. It is very confusing to choose a fragrant vine from the 200 numerous species of jasmine but all are rich in fragrance. It is a sign of purity, modesty trust, and love. Its white color transmits peace and tranquility.
How to grow and care for jasmine?
- Place jasmine in the sunny spot near a south-facing window of your kitchen.
- Jasmine enjoys sitting in moist and well-drained soil and breathing in well-circulated air.
- During the summer, let the topsoil completely dry between watering, less the quantity of water in fall, and water your plant rarely in winter or spring
- Fertilize your jasmine twice a year with fertilizer that has a lot of potassium and phosphorous quantity while feeding your hungry jasmine with a liquid fertilizer every few weeks during the active growing season ( spring or summer)
- Jasmine is utterly pest-free and disease free.
English Ivy is one of the greens and indoor houseplants with versatile nature. It can help to reduce indoor air pollutants such as bacteria, benzene, and formaldehyde and make your room a resting place. English Ivy can assist in combat mold level in the kitchen. It is also known as European and common ivy and belongs to the Araliaceae or ginseng family. The Ivy plant has various symbolic meanings, such as friendship, affection, eternal life, and loyalty. It looks gorgeous and perky. You must keep it cool in the winter season. Now you can breathe in detoxified air.
The queen of indoor plants, the Monstera. Apart from being very fashionable, Monstera is very easy to care for and an ideal plant to decorate any space. The Monstera does not require much care, as long as you water it every one or two weeks (leaving the substrate to dry between watering) it will be more than happy. In addition, the Monstera does not require direct light, all it needs is a corner of your house where it receives medium, indirect light.
Gardenia is a small and superb shrub native to china, japan, and Taiwan. It is also known as Cape jasmine. It is used to reduce anxiety although it is also a sedative and relaxant that help you to fight against insomnia. This evergreen graceful bush has gorgeous snow white or pale oval-shaped blossoms and a relaxing fragrance like white jasmine than can make your kitchen peaceful and you elated. It is a symbol of modesty, geniality, courtesy, devotion, simplicity, and loyalty.
Benefits and uses of Gardenia
- The sweet, intoxicating scent and striking look of Gardenia make this flowering plant a precious gift to a wedding ceremony or Christmas day.
- It is mostly used in perfumes, lotions, and candles.
- The American singer Billie Holiday embellish her hair with Gardenia flowers.
- You can adorn your home and balcony with a festoon (chain of flowers) of Gardenia Flower.
- Gardenia flower is used in gardenia essential oil, capsules, tea, and powder.
- You can get rid of brain fog, headaches, depression, bloody urine, and liver diseases.